Thursday, May 26, 2011

My No Good, Unfair, Sucky Post

Setbacks...every athlete has them and guess what? They suck!! Fortunately for me, I have never had a setback dealing with broken bones (knock on wood). Unfortunately for me there is a history of bad backs in my family and yup you guess it..it got passed down to me too.

Just when I was getting into a good, steady flow of running 3-4 miles about five times a week, it hit me. The back pain is so horrible and definitely way worse than I have ever had before.  I’ve had soreness before in my back that kept me from playing softball as best as I could junior year of high school, but I never had to sit out of a game.

Now…Im not going to call exercising an obsession for me but it is definitely something that I love to do, it puts me in a good mood and I feel good for the rest of the day. Not being able to work out is putting me in a slump and it has to stop.

I ended up calling Physical Medicine to schedule an appointment and luckily I got in today right away this morning. After my check up, I got sent to the 2nd floor for Radiology to get x-rays. Hopefully I will finally be able to figure out what is wrong with my back and I can hit the pavement again.

No comments:

Post a Comment